Re: [Health] Details of EMR/EHR + documentation

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Health] Details of EMR/EHR + documentation
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 01:43:55 -0700

Hiya!

> yes it was just an uploaded file and I found out it was a
> Photoshop-executable, so not related to Health at all.

Hehe, good you found out what it was!

> Nevertheless concerning DICOM some information in the manual would be good,
> especially links to viewers or maybe even an online-viewer.
> I don't know if there are still other Image-formats that are interesting
> but in the moment I'm still not so deep informed.

Definitely good ideas. I was similarly feeling that some more
information in the manual would be great. I'll try to do that in a week
or two --- add some information about DICOM and open source viewers that
Luis mentioned. In my experience with outside consults of CTs, PETs,
MRIs, etc. the format can be rather fluid. I mean, sharing via
Dropbox/Google Drive/etc. means that jpeg, tiff, etc. appear frequently
(and they work fine, usually). I mean, DICOM is copyrighted (I think)!

> Just one question: I saw there is some module called fingerprints.
> I never saw any option in Gnu Health about it but I know they are used for
> identification and I'm interested in real fingerprints related to profiles
> and identification. Would be nice if you could enlighten me ...

Alas, the fingerprints "module" is not as interesting as that. On my
quick inspection, it is simply facilitating known_hosts... that is,
previous connection attempts/successes (of tryton) and
storing/retrieving them. On the other hand, real fingerprints...
hmm...that's interesting. I don't know if they would ever be relevant to
medicine, but... I don't know.  However, GNU Health can store genetic
information (mutations, etc.) about patients, which, I think, is much
more awesome. =-)

-C