[Help-bash] I'm confused why some of my .inputrc settings are not being

From: Mun
Subject: [Help-bash] I'm confused why some of my .inputrc settings are not being applied
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 15:01:18 -0800

Hi,

I'm running Bash, version 4.3.30(1)-release (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)
on a RedHat 5.11 system.

I have the following in my .inputrc file; but the entries marked with
"***" are not present in the output of a 'bind -v' command (nor do the
settings appear to be set in my bash session):

------------------------------ Delimiter BEGIN --------------------------------
      set bell-style visible
 ***  set colored-stats on
      set completion-ignore-case on
 ***  set completion-map-case on
      set convert-meta off
      set editing-mode vi
      set expand-tilde off
      set horizontal-scroll-mode on
      set input-meta on
      set mark-directories on
      set mark-symlinked-directories on
 ***  set menu-complete-display-prefix on
      set meta-flag on
      set output-meta on
      set show-all-if-ambiguous on
      set show-all-if-unmodified on
 ***  set skip-completed-text on
      set visible-stats on

I tried rereading the .inputrc file via 'bind -f .inputrc' hoping to see
some kind of error; but no text was output.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

--
Mun