Re: [Help-bash] I'm confused why some of my .inputrc settings are not be

From: Mun
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] I'm confused why some of my .inputrc settings are not being applied (SOLVED)
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 13:44:42 -0800

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 08, 2015 at 09:40 AM PST, Chet Ramey wrote:
CR> On 1/8/15 12:01 PM, Mun wrote:
CR>
CR> >
CR> > Interesting, I wonder why your 'bind -v' has a more complete list of
options
CR> > than mine?  There isn't anything that enables "advanced" features or
CR> > something, is there?
CR>
CR> The color options are compiled in based on COLOR_SUPPORT, and visible-stats
CR> depends on VISIBLE_STATS, but that's it.

On this particular computer I have linked /usr/local/bin/bash (where my
"makes" go) to /bin/bash.  Well, my computer apparently updated /bin/bash
recently and wiped out my link and was therefore using an older version of
bash.  But, my $PATH has /usr/local/bin before /bin; so it looked to me like
the new version of bash was being used (until I looked at BASH_VERSION).
Although, my login shell was actually using an older version of bash.

My sincerest apologies for taking up valuable time from this forum; but I do
appreciate the feedback and willingness to assist!

Kind regards,

--
Mun