Re: [Help-bash] I'm confused why some of my .inputrc settings are not be

From: Mun
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] I'm confused why some of my .inputrc settings are not being applied
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 09:01:34 -0800

Hi Chet,

Thank you for your reply.
Please see my comments below.

On Wed, Jan 07, 2015 at 05:44 PM PST, Chet Ramey wrote:
CR> On 1/7/15 6:01 PM, Mun wrote:
CR> > Hi,
CR> >
CR> > I'm running Bash, version 4.3.30(1)-release (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)
CR> > on a RedHat 5.11 system.
CR>
CR> Did you build it yourself?  Here's what I get after building bash-4.3.33
CR> as distributed on RH 5.11:

Yes, I built it myself.  I downloaded the full tar-ball for the build process.

<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>

CR> This is free software; you are free to change and redistribute it.
CR> There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
CR> $ cat /etc/redhat-release
CR> Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.11 (Tikanga)
CR> $ ./bash
CR> $ bind -v
CR> set bind-tty-special-chars on
CR> set blink-matching-paren on
CR> set byte-oriented off
CR> set colored-stats off
CR> set completion-ignore-case off
CR> set completion-map-case off
CR> set convert-meta off
CR> set disable-completion off
CR> set echo-control-characters on
CR> set enable-keypad off
CR> set enable-meta-key on
CR> set expand-tilde off
CR> set history-preserve-point off
CR> set horizontal-scroll-mode off
CR> set input-meta on
CR> set mark-directories on
CR> set mark-modified-lines off
CR> set mark-symlinked-directories off
CR> set match-hidden-files on
CR> set menu-complete-display-prefix off
CR> set meta-flag on
CR> set output-meta on
CR> set page-completions on
CR> set prefer-visible-bell on
CR> set print-completions-horizontally off
CR> set revert-all-at-newline off
CR> set show-all-if-ambiguous off
CR> set show-all-if-unmodified off
CR> set show-mode-in-prompt off
CR> set skip-completed-text off
CR> set visible-stats off
CR> set bell-style visible
CR> set comment-begin #
CR> set completion-display-width -1
CR> set completion-prefix-display-length 0
CR> set completion-query-items 150
CR> set editing-mode emacs
CR> set history-size 1000
CR> set keymap emacs
CR> set keyseq-timeout 500

Interesting, I wonder why your 'bind -v' has a more complete list of options
than mine?  There isn't anything that enables "advanced" features or
something, is there?

Thanks for the reply, Chet!

Mun