Re: [Help-bash] Unicode characters in PS1 : line wrapping

From: Greg Wooledge
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] Unicode characters in PS1 : line wrapping
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 10:22:15 -0400

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 04:02:56PM +0200, Florent B wrote:
> >> I set my PS1 in /etc/profile.d/custom_ps1.sh and :
>
> Sorry it was a screenshot that was removed from my message, you can see
> it here : http://s30.postimg.org/mp4uagcsx/bash.png

That's only slightly helpful.  What's really needed is a way to reproduce
the problem -- a full, step by step recipe including what terminal
you're using, what your locale is set to, the exact contents of PS1 and
PROMPT_COMMAND, and what keys you pressed.  Plus anything I forgot to
mention that may be required to make the problem happen.

I'm not sure if readline/.inputrc stuff would be relevant here.  It
probably wouldn't hurt to mention any of that kind of thing that you
may have changed as well.