[Help-bash] Targeting minimal POSIX compliance

From: Joel Ebel
Subject: [Help-bash] Targeting minimal POSIX compliance
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2018 16:31:19 -0400

I'm attempting to build bash for a minimal environment where I would like
bash to be small, fast, and with minimal dependencies, but I would like to
still target POSIX compliance. I had first assumed that
--enable-minimal-config would still provide POSIX compliance, but I noticed
several features being disabled that I believe are required for POSIX
compliance. Notably, job control and alias. Are there other features that
need to be re-enabled with --enable-minimal-config in order to achieve
POSIX compliance?

Joel