cfengine configuration question

From: Osman, Mohamed
Subject: cfengine configuration question
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 10:54:56 -0700

I am trying to setup cfengine in our environment and I have
encountered two problems:

1)      The 1st question relates to DNS - since we manage hosts on
        different sub-domains. I have a master server
        (where all the files/binaries are available via automounter copied
from)
        in one sub-domain while many other hosts are on different
sub-domains.

        A possible solution appears to be setting up different slave-servers
on each
        domain (sub-domain) & copying over all binaries/files to each slave.

        I am reluctant to go this route since it involves duplicating data
across every
        slave, and it would certainly requires a manually procedure to
update each
        slave, and moves away the idea of a single central configuration
file.

        Has anyone implemented a simpler solution?

2)      The 2nd question is relates with NIS netgroups. I am using cfengine
1.6.3 and
        NIS netgroup hosts are not recognized. When I define groups w/o
netgroups hosts
        are recognized, but for whatever reason NIS netgroup defined hosts
are not
        being recognized.

        Has anyone seen this problem? Am I missing something???

Thanks,

Mohamed Osman