Re: Bugs and features

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Bugs and features
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 17:48:17 -0400

Mark.Burgess@iu.hio.no writes:

>  What's the point? If you wnat to use rsync, use rsync. If you want
> fast, straightforward and efficient, use cfengine.  You can always
> run rsync as a shellcommand....

I respectfully submit that rsync is fast, straightforward, and
efficient for a whole lot of tasks.  cfengine's copies are an
alternate approach, but rsync's approach is valid and quite useful to
many users.  Also, rsync can run over ssh.

I already run rsync as a shellcommand.  By the lack of response I
would guess I'm the only one that is interested in a rsync section.

Thanks
Ted