Re: Bootstrapping cfengine.

From: Alexander Mattausch
Subject: Re: Bootstrapping cfengine.
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 11:40:12 +0100

Arnold Troeger wrote:

Apologies in advance for asking what may be an obvious question.  I have
several Sun servers that don't run NFS and I would like to use cfengine
to configure them.  I'm guessing that I can use cfrun to configure them
remotely, but what parts of cfengine and the configuration files need to
be on the remote machine to be able to do this?

You need cfd running on the server (properly configured) and a repository for your configuration files. On the clients you also need cfd in order to start cfengine by cfrun. You only need cfengine completely installed on the server if the server will also be configured by cfengine.

Regards,
Alex