'%' in filename -> parse error

From: Ylitalo Juha. O
Subject: '%' in filename -> parse error
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:29:56 +0200

System: Redhat Linux 7.2
Cfengine: 2.0a14

I am still relatively new with cfengine and my problem will definately
sound like something that might be documented in cfengine 2.0
documentation, but ...

I was trying to create editing rules (editfiles:) for
/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.examples/system/gnome-vfs/%gconf.xml file, when I
stumbled into very annoying parsing error, which says that
Wildcards cannot be used in this context:

I did some playing around and appearantly that error message appears,
whenever you have percent sign in filename within editfiles section. I
tried to put filename in quotes (double and single) and escape that %
percent sign with backslash as an attempt to get around the problem,
but none of these operations were able to fix the situation.  Since I
can't change the filename, which I need to edit, I am hoping that
someone would be able to tell me, how I can edit file, which name has
percent sign in it.

The file is pretty much following:

editfiles:
  { /var/cfengine/inputs/%gconf.xml

   ReplaceAll '"http-proxy-host" type="string"><stringvalue>[^<]+<stringvalue>'
With '"http-proxy-host" type="string"><stringvalue>1.2.3.4</stringvalue>'
   ReplaceAll '"http-proxy-port" type="int" value="[0-9]+"/>' With
'"http-proxy-port" type="int" value="56"/>'
  }

Error message is following:
[root@jylitwork root]# cfagent
cf:jylitwork.lnx.nokia.com:/var/cfengine/inputs/cf.proxies:16: Wildcards cannot
be used in this context:
cf:jylitwork.lnx.nokia.com:/var/cfengine/inputs/cf.proxies:16: parse error
cfengine:jylitwork::Execution terminated after parsing due to errors in program
[root@jylitwork root]#

And if I put quotes around filename, it changes to:
[root@jylitwork root]# cfagent
cf:jylitwork.lnx.nokia.com:/var/cfengine/inputs/cf.proxies:16: Unknown edit
action
cf:jylitwork.lnx.nokia.com:/var/cfengine/inputs/cf.proxies:16: parse error
cfengine:jylitwork::Execution terminated after parsing due to errors in program

P.S. If anyone needs specfile to generate RPM from cfengine, let me know.
--
Juha Ylitalo       juha.o.ylitalo@nokia.com           <work e-mail>
"Some tools are used, because its policy, others because they are good."