cfexecd and sysadm

From: Luke A. Kanies
Subject: cfexecd and sysadm
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 18:36:18 -0600 (CST)

Hi all,

I have two more questions:

I have the sysadm variable set correctly in my configs:

sudo cfagent -a
xenon:/var/cfengine/inputs/cfagent.conf:19: Warning: Redefinition of macro
workdir=/var/cfengine
xenon:/var/cfengine/inputs/main.cf:56: Warning: Redefinition of macro
sourcedir=/var/opt/cfengine
xenon:/var/cfengine/inputs/main.cf:57: Warning: Redefinition of macro
policyhost=cfengine.fpd.cat.com
xenon:/var/cfengine/inputs/main.cf:95: Warning: Redefinition of macro
cfbindir=/usr/local/sbin
luke.kanies@domain.com

but when cfexecd runs on my host, I get an email to root saying that it is
not set.  Can cfexecd somehow miss that setting, even though cfagent sees
it?

You might have noticed those macro redefinitions above, also.  I don't get
those when I just run cfangent normally, for some reason, so apparently
running it with '-a' is different than without.  I don't know why that's
happening, so if anyone can enlighten my, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Luke

--
Once...in the wilds of Afghanistan, I lost my corkscrew, and we were
forced to live on nothing but food and water for days.  -- W. C. Fields