'files' skipping my directories

From: Luke A. Kanies
Subject: 'files' skipping my directories
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 18:02:25 -0600 (CST)

I'm trying to configure cfengine to verify the permissions on my oracle
server, but when I use the 'files' command to try to recursively set the
permissions of a directory, that directory gets ignored.  I've tried it on
multiple directories and they always get ignored, whereas files never do.

Here's an example config:

# a test script for oracle permissions
control:
   ORACLE_HOME = ( "/u01/app/product/8.1.7" )

   actionsequence = ( files )

files:
   /home/kaniela/etc/profile/init         owner=kaniela
                        group=sysadmin
                        action=fixall

   /home/kaniela        owner=kaniela
                        group=sysadmin
                        action=fixall
                        recurse=inf

   /u01/                owner=oracle
                        group=dba
                        action=fixall
                        recurse=inf

And here's the output:

Checking file(s) in /home/kaniela/etc/profile/init
Checking file(s) in /home/kaniela
cfengine:mullet: Skipping ignored directory /home/kaniela
Checking file(s) in /u01/
cfengine:mullet: Skipping ignored directory /u01/
Saving the setuid log in /var/cfengine/cfagent..log
Job start time set to Mon Jan 27 18:01:21 2003

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(And if anyone knows where I can set the name of the setuid log, or why
mine isn't being set correctly, I'd love to know.)

Luke

--
Computers are not intelligent.  They only think they are.