RE: copy failover

From: Wheeler, John
Subject: RE: copy failover
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 09:36:22 -0600

addinstallable ??

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Koetsier [mailto:jkoetsier@corp.home.nl]
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 9:26 AM
To: help-cfengine@gnu.org
Subject: copy failover

Hi All,

The last few hours i've been poking around with a simple filecopy and
some sort of redundancy.

I want to copy FILEA to /etc/FILENAME, if this FILEA doesn't exists it
should go run another class to copy FILEB to /etc/FILENAME.

ie:

copy:
   myfile::
     /cfengine/files/FILEA      dest=/etc/FILENAME mode=755 owner=root
group=root server=$(fileserver) failover=myretry

   myretry::
     /cfengine/files/FILEB      dest=/etc/FILENAME mode=755 owner=root
group=root server=$(fileserver)

instead of failover=myretry I tried define=myretry or
elsedefine=myretry. But none of them work.

This is what I see on my fileserver side:

box: Couldn't stat filename /cfengine/files/FILEA from host box2
box: lstatbox: Host authorization/authentication failed or access denied

Which is ok, but it doesn't continue with the myretry class.

Any ideas how to solve this within CFEngine instead of using shellscript
  thingies?

Thanks