Re: copy failover

From: Wipf, Stefan
Subject: Re: copy failover
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 10:10:40 -0600

You will need a second copy statement in your actionsequence, because
by the time your failover class gets turned on cfengine has already
moved to the next action.

This has worked for us:

strategies:
   { load_balance
     _update_attempt1: "5"
     _update_attempt2: "5"
   }

control:
   server1             = ( host1 )
   server2             = ( host2 )
   server3             = ( host3 )
   addinstallable      = ( _update_attempt1 _update_attempt2
_update_failed1 _update_failed2 _update_failed )
   actionsequence      = ( copy copy )

copy:

   _update_attempt1::
     /FILE dest=/FILE  server=$(server1)
                       failover=_update_attempt2:_update_failed1

   _update_attempt2::
     /FILE dest=FILE   server=$(server2)
                       failover=_update_attempt1:_update_failed2

   ### final attempt
   _update_failed1._update_failed2::
     /FILE dest=FILE   server=$(server3)
                       failover=_update_failed