RE: Editfiles convergence bug

From: Andrews, Martin
Subject: RE: Editfiles convergence bug
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 22:03:33 -0500

I still vote for something more generic if we go this route, say:

tabfile:
  /etc/passwd
    delim=:
    fields="user passwd uid gid comment home shell"
    index=user
    key=root
    set=password:big-secret

Then you could also do:

tabfile:
  /etc/vfstab
    delim=tab
    fields="dev rdev path type fsck boot options"
    index=path
    key=/
    options=logging

The latter is a bit contrived, but I think the idea is clear.

Martin