patching sendmail

From: David J. Bianco
Subject: patching sendmail
Date: 04 Mar 2003 09:22:01 -0500

I'd like to take a moment to describe my experiences installing the
critical sendmail 8.12.8 patch on our network of 300+ workstations:

        ncftp ftp.sendmail.org
        gpg --verify
        tar xfvpz
        cd
        sh Build
        cp sendmail /my/cfengine/file/repository
        <wait>

Thanks to cfengine, installing this critical software update everywhere
took me mere minutes.  Of course, the mail servers took longer, but
having cfengine manage the client configurations saved me a couple of
hours.  Thanks, Mark!

        David

--
David J. Bianco <bianco@jlab.org>