Re: patching sendmail

From: Alexander Mattausch
Subject: Re: patching sendmail
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 16:05:40 +0100

David J. Bianco schrieb:

Thanks to cfengine, installing this critical software update everywhere
took me mere minutes.  Of course, the mail servers took longer, but
having cfengine manage the client configurations saved me a couple of
hours.  Thanks, Mark!

Same for me... I copied the new sendmail-RPM in our update directory, and a cfrun -- -Dpatch updated all our computers. I only had to use another cfrun to restart sendmail everywhere, since our update script is not (yet) intelligent enough to handle this automatically.

Thanks to cfengine administering our nearly 30 computers does not take much more time than administering the 7 computers (without cfengine) we started with!

Regards,
Alex