processes and exclude patterns

From: khalid . sattar
Subject: processes and exclude patterns
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 17:40:34 +0000

Hi

I run cfexecd as a daemon scheduled between 30-35 mins every hour, but I also
run cfexecd -F from cron.  I have the following defined in my master
cfagent.conf file

processes:
     "$(CfBinDir)/cfexecd" restart "$(CfBinDir)/cfexecd"

But I found that this would not restart the daemon if it had died.  Then I
realised this is because once the daemon dies, then cfagent only gets called
from cron (via cfexecd -F) and at that point the process list matches cfexecd
-F.  So I have been trying various incarnation of fixes without success.  The
one that seems obvious is

     "$(CfBinDir)/cfexecd" exclude="cfexecd.*-F" restart "$(CfBinDir)/cfexecd"

But this does not work.  can someone point out where I am going wrong?

Also how do I get more debugging info here?, As I invoke it via cfexecd, then
putting -v against the latter does not run cfagent in -v.  So I cant see why the
exclude pattern is not matching.

I am running cfengine 2.0.2 on Solaris 8.

Thanks

---
Khalid Sattar
Systems Administrator