RE: RPMS or RPM Spec file for cfengine?

From: Julian Simpson
Subject: RE: RPMS or RPM Spec file for cfengine?
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 22:00:06 +0100

Here's my contribution for Solaris:  One 'pkginfo' file:

PKG=GNUcfeng
NAME=cfengine
ARCH=sparc
VERSION=2.0.5
CATEGORY=application
DESC=Configuration Engine, an autonomous agent for expert systems
VENDOR=GNU/Mark Burgess
BASEDIR=/usr/local
CLASSES=none

And one 'prototype' file:

i pkginfo
d none /usr ? ? ?
d none /usr/local ? ? ?
d none /usr/local/sbin ? ? ?
f none /usr/local/sbin/cfenvd=src/cfenvd 0755 root bin
f none /usr/local/sbin/cfagent=src/cfagent 0755 root bin
f none /usr/local/sbin/cfservd=src/cfservd 0755 root bin
f none /usr/local/sbin/cfrun=src/cfrun 0755 root bin
f none /usr/local/sbin/cfexecd=src/cfexecd 0755 root bin
f none /usr/local/sbin/cfenvgraph=src/cfenvgraph 0755 root bin
d none /var/cfengine 0755 root root

If you put these at the very top of the cfengine source tree, on the
same level as configure, etc, you just need to run the pkgmk command to
generate a very basic native Solaris Cfengine package.  The hard bit (at
least for me) would be to get the variable stuff coming out of
autoconf/automake.

Best,

Julian.