Re: cfservd as a true daemon running under inetd control

From: Jamie Wilkinson
Subject: Re: cfservd as a true daemon running under inetd control
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 09:50:32 +1000

This one time, at band camp, Garrett, Matt M SITI-ITDIEEE wrote:
>Is it possible to make the cfservd program run under control of inetd
>Just like any other true tcp daemon e.g ftpd

Maybe, but how about this:

# $Id: cf.cfengine,v 1.12 2003/04/15 05:36:09 root Exp $

# metaconfiguration

files:

    any::

        /etc/cron.d/cfengine mode=644 o=root g=root act=touch

editfiles:

    any::

        { /etc/cron.d/cfengine
            Backup 'off'
            AutoCreate

            AppendIfNoSuchLine "# /etc/cron.d/cfengine: cron fragment for
cfengine"
            AppendIfNoSuchLine "0,30 * * * * root /usr/sbin/cfexecd -F"
        }

tidy:

    any::

        # clean out cvs cruft that may appear
        /var/lib/cfengine2/inputs
            pattern=.#*
            age=1

        # cfexecd stores output in this directory, clean it week(ish)ly
        #/var/lib/cfengine2/outputs
        #    pattern=*
        #    age=7

        # get rid of cruft from touching and editing files
        /etc/cron.d
            pattern=*.cfsaved
            age=0

        # clean up all cf cruft after a week
        /
            pattern=*.cfsaved
            age=7

processes:

    any::

        "cfenvd" restart "/usr/sbin/cfenvd" useshell=false

    configserver::

        "cfservd" restart "/usr/sbin/cfservd" useshell=false

I run cfagent once at kickstart time, and cfengine itself sorts out how it
runs.  In my case, I use cron fragments to launch it every half hour.

--
jaq@spacepants.org                           http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg