Re: IRIX compilation problem (Apparent Solution)

From: Anthony Veale
Subject: Re: IRIX compilation problem (Apparent Solution)
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 09:03:25 -0600

> -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/include -w -c `test -f 'package.c' || echo \
> './'`package.c
> cc-1065 cc: ERROR File = package.c, Line = 36
>   A semicolon is expected at this point.
>
>   static inline int xislower(int c)  {
>                 ^

As advised by locals and another user on help-cfengine (Thank you,
Bas), removing the "inline" from all four lines that included it
in package.c allowed the compile to proceed further.

Also as Bas indicated there was a further problem in package.c in that
alloca was undefined.  Bas' solution was to replace alloca() with
malloc().  Mine was to add "#include <alloca.h>" which also appears to
have allowed the compilation to complete.

I now have a working version of 2.0.8p1 cfservd, though I haven't
tested the other executables.  This version does not have the "denying
connections from 255.255.255.255" problem (see the thread named that)
which had led me to recompile with the MIPSpro compiler and these
errors.

So I'm hopeful that I can proceed with configuration.

Thanks all.

--
Anthony Vealé
National Snow and Ice Data Center