Re: confused about cfrun & another q.

From: Brendan Strejcek
Subject: Re: confused about cfrun & another q.
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 17:39:35 -0500

On Wed Oct 08 2003, Mark.Burgess@iu.hio.no wrote:

> Even though you do not want to copy the cfrun command, you do need to
> grant access to it in order to have it executed remotely. Probably
> this is what you are missing

Yes, this was the problem. Thanks. I did notice one other issue,
which might be of interest to folks here. cfservd seems to need to be
restarted to notice changes in cfservd.conf. To automate this, I
modified my update.conf as follows:

copy:

        ${policyfiles}
                dest=${workdir}/inputs
                r=inf
                mode=700
                type=binary
                server=${policyhost}
                define=newcf

processes:

        newcf::

                "/var/cfengine/bin/cfservd" signal=term

                "/var/cfengine/bin/cfexecd" signal=term

cfagent.conf takes care of the restarting.

Unrelated, I have another question. Is there a way to run cfexecd -F and
bypass the SplayTime? I like to have cfagent run on my machines at boot,
and currently this is what I am doing:

$CFAGENT -q 2>&1 | mail -s "cf boot `hostname`" `$CFAGENT -a` &

I'd much rather have a cfexecd -F <some-other-option>, but it doesn't
seem available. It's not that important, as what I have works; it just
bothers my sense of aesthetics.

-- Brendan