RE: Module variables being set late

From: Wheeler, John
Subject: RE: Module variables being set late
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 13:17:13 -0600

Nice ascii art. I have the same problem which is why I said I could
never engineer a solution to this using the second pass (also why I've
compiled 2nd pass out of my binary).

<RANT>
I've never been a big fan of the non-deterministic nature of cfengine
(ok... somewhat of a misnomer as cfengine will always perform the same
actions based on the same config file, so I'm taking some liberty with
the dictionary meaning of non-deterministic), but trying to adding stuff
to cfengine that may get executed at some point that's not desirable
causes you to either over engineer something to force things to happen
(appending classes to action sequence) or create a bunch of classes that
provide an artificial dependency.
</RANT>

(I'm