Re: excludes in copies

From: Anne Cross
Subject: Re: excludes in copies
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 15:43:10 -0500

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 03:28:49PM -0500, Phil D'Amore wrote:

> We maintain all of our cfengine-distributed files in CVS, and I do this:
>
> ignore:
>     # CVS administrative stuff
>     CVS
>
> Should be able to slap that in cfagent.conf, or any other file that is
> unconditionally read for all hosts, and that would clear up your problem
> permanently (substituting for the proper directory name of course).

And given that I can specifically allow a couple of machines to copy the
RCS directories (which I do need in a few rare situations), that does
indeed neatly solve my problem.

Thanks very much!

        -- Anne

Anne Cross
Systems Administrator, Tufts University
"Change has become a constant; managing it has become an expanding
 discipline." -- Queen Elizabeth II of England