Re: how best to define time classes

From: Kurt Lieber
Subject: Re: how best to define time classes
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 17:35:44 -0500

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 10:13:10PM +0100 or thereabouts, Mark.Burgess@iu.hio.no
wrote:
> That is what ifelapsed is for

OK, I can see that's one way to accomplish it.  I'd prefer a way to tie it
to a clock, however.  Otherwise, I can see some problems with the
variations caused by SplayTime leaving you unable to easily determine
(short of crawling through logs) the last time a particular command ran.

Perhaps its just me being too used to the way cron works, but I like being
able to look at my watch and intuitively know what sort of jobs should have
been kicked off at that particular time.

The solution I have now works, so I'll keep using it.  I'd be interested to
hear what other folks use as well.

--kurt