alerts

From: Brendan Strejcek
Subject: alerts
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 20:06:30 -0600

When I import cfengine fragments which define alerts:, I often get
duplicate messages. Below I have included the simplest config I could
write that illustrates the phenomena. Actually, alerts: confuses me,
so I suspect I am using it other than was intended. For example, it
is one of the magic sections which does not need to appear in the
actionsequence (along with classes: and a few others) to function. My
examples are using version 2.1.3.

# begin cfagent.conf
import: cf.one cf.two
# end cfagent.conf

# begin cf.one
control:       actionsequence = ( shellcommands.cf_one )
shellcommands: cf_one::  "/bin/echo cf.one"
alerts:        openbsd:: "cf.one alert"
# end cf.one

# begin cf.two
control:       actionsequence = ( shellcommands.cf_two )
shellcommands: cf_two:: "/bin/echo cf.two"
# end cf.two

This config results in:

$ cfagent -qK
cfengine::/bin/echo cf.on: cf.one
cfengine::/bin/echo cf.tw: cf.two
cfengine:: cf.one alert
cfengine:: cf.one alert
$

If I add a cf.three, which is exactly the same as cf.two but with
%s/two/three/g, three alerts do not result though.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?