cfengine runs every hour by default?

From: cmustard
Subject: cfengine runs every hour by default?
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 21:52:52 +0000

Greetings all,

It seems cfengine is 'mysteriously' being run once an hour. (did i miss
somehting?)
(No, there is no cron job, yes i do know that cfengine attaches itself to init
runlevels.
/etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S20cfexecd /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S20cfservd )

My understanding of cfengine was that you run cfservd on everybody (clients and
host),
then run cfrun to tell clients to run cfagent locally and that is when clients
will
make changes based on their update.conf file.  Yes, this is great and works
except,

looking at the log files, it looks like cfengine is getting run on all clients
every hour, whether you run cfrun(from host) or cfagent (locally) or whatever.
(I also know about the Splay option, I'm looking for a 'NoRunEveryHour' option)

I have poked around in the source but cant seem to find the answere.

Does anyone know why it's being run every hour, did I not read a doc right
about expected behavior?
I believe I haven't missed anything 'simple', i.e, cron, runlevels, etc,... but
that is always a option.

Thank you.

cmustard

--