Re: more cfagent during kickstart woes

From: Lars Damerow
Subject: Re: more cfagent during kickstart woes
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 11:37:16 -0700

Hi guys,

Thanks for the advice--I've been using the shell on console 2 for a while in
the hopes of getting a gdb session attached to cfengine, but haven't gotten
very far. When it's hung, strace doesn't show anything interesting, so I assume
it's not making any syscalls.

Ed--switching virtual consoles and redirecting the output is a great idea! I
just did that, set cfengine to verbose and debugging mode, and the last few
lines it outputs before segfaulting (it gets a segmentation fault now) are:

Appending [ipv4_13_72]
AddClassToHeap(ipv4_138)
Appending [ipv4_138]
Trying to locate my IPv6 address
cfpopen(/sbin/ifconfig -a)

...and then it segfaults. Perhaps I need to disable IPv6 during kickstart..?

cheers,
lars

--
lars damerow
button pusher

"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if
he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must fall silent?"

- Richard Feynmann