Re: [Fwd: Re: ${clientip} ?]

From: Ed Brown
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: ${clientip} ?]
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:12:05 -0600

I assume you are talking about 'remote methods'?  There's not much info
in the documentation about it yet, but it sure sounds complex, if not to
say convoluted.  For one, I'm guessing it requires that cfservd be
running everywhere.  If you are already doing that, then that wouldn't
be a big deal.  If you aren't, that's a considerable change, adding an
additional open port everywhere.

When I've considered data gathering schemes, I always end up back at the
idea of scp-ing info back to the server, or somewhere, an idea with its
own limitations and problems.  I'd be interested in hearing if you are
able to use cfengine for this.

-Ed