Re: nested groups?

From: Tim Nelson
Subject: Re: nested groups?
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 12:12:47 +1100 (EST)

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004, martin f krafft wrote:

I am trying this:

editfiles:
 SSHD_RHOSTAUTH::
   { ${target}/etc/ssh/ssh_config
     BeginGroupIfNoSuchLine "Host node?? | node??.cluster.ailab.ch"
       Append "Host node?? | node??.cluster.ailab.ch"
       Append "  HostbasedAuthentication yes"
       Append "  StrictHostKeyChecking no"
       Append "  UserKnownHostsFile /dev/null"
       BeginGroupIfDefined SSHD_XFORWARDING

        You may need quotes around the class here.

         Append "  ForwardX11 yes"
       EndGroup
     EndGroup
   }

but it's not working:

cf:node24:NODE/S50ssh:19: EndGroup without Begin
cf:node24:NODE/S50ssh:20: Editfiles Begin/End mismatch before or at line

Apparently, cfengine does not support nested groups, and also has
not way to only BeginGroup if two conditions hold.

        Nested groups work for me.

How else can I achieve what I am trying?

Also, what's the way to check for presence of multiple consecutive
lines?

Don't :). I know this isn't the answer that you wanted, but I always use something else if possible, if multiple lines are involved (usually my lovely perl templating system :) ).

--
Tim Nelson
Server Administrator