100 character limit in Regcmp

From: Tod Oace
Subject: 100 character limit in Regcmp
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:13:53 -0800

I've been having trouble with Regcmp() not matching strings that it should be matching. So I did a bit of debugging and found a 100 character limit on line 1748 of functions.c:

 for (i = 0; i < number; i++)
    {
    strncpy(arg[i],UnQuote(argv[i]),100);
    }

The argv[i] entries are memset(3)ed to CF_MAXVARSIZE above so should the 100 be changed to CF_MAXVARSIZE? CF_MAXVARSIZE is 1024 (at least in 2.1.11) so it seems like that would take care of my problem. Some of the strings I'm matching against are around 120 characters long.

--
Tod Oace, Intel Corporation <tod@intel.com>