Are purge warnings possible?

From: Kris Jenkins
Subject: Are purge warnings possible?
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 13:53:06 +0000

Hi,

I want to use cfengine to compare a directory tree on several machines. I don't want it to take any automated actions, just to warn me of differences. I've got as far as a task like this:

copy:
   /some/where/src/
   dest=/else/where/mydir
   action=warn
   server=$(policyhost)

And that's working okay, except it doesn't warn me about files that exist in the dest, but not on the server. I tried adding 'purge=true', but this actually deletes the files! It doesn't repesct 'action=warn'.

Is there a way to do (the equivalent of) 'purge=warn'? Or am I approaching this problem in the wrong way?

Thanks,
Kris

--
Kris Jenkins