Re: Use of editfile to support templated configuration files

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Use of editfile to support templated configuration files
Date: 15 Dec 2004 10:26:00 -0500

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, architect@webalive.biz wrote:

> Ooh, excitement :).  I'm in the process of putting together my
> Perl templates which cut down on repetition in cfengine code :).  The perl
> is embedded using Text::Template, with <? ?> as the delimiters, so it
> kinda looks like PHP (or Mason, if you're familiar with that), but
> generates cfengine code.  It also allows embedding of pod-style doco in
> the source files, which are extracted and placed in HTML files somewhere.

Just FYI, the cfperl project (http://lifelogs.com/cfperl) has
templates using the Template Toolkit for Perl.  cfperl uses cfengine
groups definitions, etc. and the templating functionality was
intended as a replacement of or supplement to the cfengine
editfiles.  The Template Toolkit is very powerful - you can do
practically anything that you can do in regular Perl.

Ted