Re: Use of editfile to support templated configuration files

From: wbmccarty
Subject: Re: Use of editfile to support templated configuration files
Date: 14 Dec 2004 16:11:04 -0800

Thanks, Eric and Russell, for your very prompt and helpful replies. I'm
shamed that I've now read the reference manual twice and yet failed to
notice some of the useful options exploited by Eric in his approach,
which seems to best suit my immediate need.  Somehow, I also failed to
notice Eric's article on CFWiki; perhaps it's merely too new. Because
of my imperfect attention to these details, I'm the more appreciate of
your grace in replying rather than RTFMing <g>.

On a related front, has anyone played with external modules or the m4
macro processor to simplify management of init scripts and services,
along the lines suggested at
[http://cfwiki.org/cfwiki/index.php/Co-operating_with_Vendor_initscripts]?

I've made limited progress using m4, but may be re-inventing the wheel.
Cheers,