Re: Use of editfile to support templated configuration files

From: Eric Sorenson
Subject: Re: Use of editfile to support templated configuration files
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 16:40:11 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 wbmccarty@gmail.com wrote:

Somehow, I also failed to notice Eric's article on CFWiki; perhaps it's
merely too new. Because of my imperfect attention to these details, I'm the
more appreciate of your grace in replying rather than RTFMing <g>.

Whups, not your fault -- I hadn't linked it off the Tips and Hints page,
but just from my little 'User:EricSorenson' wiki homepage. Fixed now.

On a related front, has anyone played with external modules or the m4
macro processor to simplify management of init scripts and services,
along the lines suggested at
[http://cfwiki.org/cfwiki/index.php/Co-operating_with_Vendor_initscripts]?

I've read that page, and it seems quite useful, but I don't quite understand
where the use of m4 would come in to play.

--

 - Eric Sorenson - Explosive Networking - http://eric.explosive.net -