Re: Use of editfile to support templated configuration files

From: Jamie Wilkinson
Subject: Re: Use of editfile to support templated configuration files
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 13:03:03 +1100

This one time, at band camp, wbmccarty@gmail.com wrote:
>which seems to best suit my immediate need.  Somehow, I also failed to
>notice Eric's article on CFWiki; perhaps it's merely too new. Because

I think it's not actually linked from anywhere, I didn't see it either.

>On a related front, has anyone played with external modules or the m4
>macro processor to simplify management of init scripts and services,
>along the lines suggested at
>[http://cfwiki.org/cfwiki/index.php/Co-operating_with_Vendor_initscripts]?
>

>I've made limited progress using m4, but may be re-inventing the wheel.

I have, but as I just wrote in the discussion for "Editfiles Considered
Harmful", I don't think it's appropriate to share on account of it being
twisty undocumented spaghetti.

I mean, I _will_ share it if you really want it, but I'm not sure you'll
like it once you have it :-)