Variables

From: Andy Mace
Subject: Variables
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 11:22:47 -0000

Hi,

Could someone possibly explain how the variable contexts work!

We basically define some variables in one of our top level files, but then have to re-define them in each file after that.

In which we get errors saying its being re-defined... obviously!

If we don't define the variables in the sub-files then we get errors saying that its not defined at all.

Now, i've read that the variables are in contexts i.e update.${var} but i couldn't get that to work either.

Any help greatly appriciated!

Andy

p.s Don't worry if you don't understand... I confuse myself at times!
p.p.s Is there Debian dpkg support in the packages section?

Support UK Radio Aid and save lives. Visit www.ukradioaid.com
Andy Mace
Software Engineer