RE: Glob hard class names?

From: Atom Powers
Subject: RE: Glob hard class names?
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 08:12:49 -0700

Looking at hard classes, they appear to be gathered from 'uname -a', at least
they look like a simple concatenation of the uname results.

'uname -a' returns:
--
FreeBSD vesta0.pyramidbrew.com 5.3-STABLE FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE #3: Mon Jan 31
12:26:38 PST 2005

And I get these hard classes:
--
Additional hard class defined as: 32_bit
Additional hard class defined as: freebsd_5_3_STABLE

GNU autoconf class from compile time: compiled_on_freebsd5_3
--

But since FreeBSD describes It's version with cvs tags (STABLE, RELEASE,
PRERELEASE, etc) those become part of the hard classes.

It would be a great feature to have hard classes like freebsd_5 and
freebsd_5_3, etc.

----
Perfection is just a word I use occasionally with mustard.

Atom Powers
Systems Administrator
Pyramid Breweries Inc.
206.682.8322 x251