RE: cfengine and revision control

From: Luke Youngblood
Subject: RE: cfengine and revision control
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 16:16:59 -0400

I think you may end up with a single copy statement that copies all of /etc,
then a 5000 line long files section that looks like this:

/etc/passwd mode=644 owner=root action=fixall
/etc/shadow mode=600 owner=root action=fixall
/var/cfengine/checksum.db mode=600 owner=root action=fixall
[...]

If you have a variety of different owners and different modes, this might be
the only approach to use.  The only consolation I can give you is that you
only have to do this once :-).