RE: cfengine and revision control

From: Luke Youngblood
Subject: RE: cfengine and revision control
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 21:33:52 -0400

I read your discussion link before I did my setup, and was put off a little
bit by the strange hostnames (no offense intended, but it's much easier to
understand an example configuration when the hostnames are similar to the
server role, eg. DNS servers are called ns1 and ns2, etc.)  Also, the script
was called cf-customize-me-harder-baby.sh!!! :-)

Anyway, I would be very much interested in seeing the scripts you use on the
master server to generate the master overlay for each host.  This seems like
a very nice solution which allows you to verify file integrity for each
server, without having to hand-code a copy statement for each file, and also
not sharing passwd/shadow information with servers in other departments that
shouldn't see that information.

Cheers,
Luke