RE: Newbie help with how to implement update andcfagent.conffiles

From: Luke Youngblood
Subject: RE: Newbie help with how to implement update andcfagent.conffiles
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 08:34:26 -0400

I too would like to know what the hell cfenvd does exactly.  I know on some
systems that don't have proper /dev/random support (Solaris, I'm looking at
you :-) it generates entropy, but what else does it do besides that?

I don't like having daemons running on my box unless I know EXACTLY what
they do.  As near as I can tell, I get the same benefit from running only
cfagent through cron as I do from running the entire cfengine stack.

Would someone be willing to give me a summary?

Thanks,

Luke