Re: Module Classes not invoking Copy action

From: Darren
Subject: Re: Module Classes not invoking Copy action
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 18:44:13 -0700 (PDT)

Perfect.  I totally missed AddInstallable.  Thanks much.

--d

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005, Edward F. Brown wrote:

Are you using AddInstallable to declare the 'Web' class?  Or, are you
listing it as an argument on your actionsequence entry for the module?

-Ed

I've got a pretty strange problem going on with my installation of
cfengine on solaris (2.8).  It may occurr on other OSes as well, but I
haven't had the opportunity to test those yet.

What I've got is a class (Web) that's being set by a module at the
beginning of the actionsquence.  When I run in verbose mode, I can see
that it is actually being set properly.

During the copy phase, I've got an action defined:

Staging.solaris.Web::

The Staging class is set as a group of hostnames.  I've verified that it
is also being set properly as is the hard class 'solaris'.  The action
never happens, though.  In the verbose output I can see other copy actions
(those without the 'Web' class) checking to see if they should run based
on the checksum of their destination files, but this one doesn't even do
that; it doesn't activate at all.

Replacing the Web portion of the compound class with the hostname causes
it to activate every time.

I have an alert defined later on in the same imported file with the same
'Staging.solaris.Web' class.  It never fails to activate.

Anyone have any insight as to what I might be missing?  I had been running
2.1.10, but I upgraded to 2.1.15 today to see if that might magically fix
it with no luck.

Thanks

--d