Re: v2.1.13 not sending out e-mail, now at v2.1.15

From: david . nelson
Subject: Re: v2.1.13 not sending out e-mail, now at v2.1.15
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 11:32:10 -0500

Hi David,

I'm just reading this thread.  I had the same problem w/ emails.  The root of the problem was that I was killing and restarting the daemons via the "processes:".  Pls check to make sure you are using the following:

processes:

    any::

        "cfenvd"
            restart "/var/cfengine/bin/cfenvd"

        "cfexecd$"
            restart "/var/cfengine/bin/cfexecd"

        "cfservd"
            restart "/var/cfengine/bin/cfservd"

Regards,
         /\/elson

David Cress <dcress@web.turner.com>
Sent by: help-cfengine-bounces+david.nelson=ni.com@gnu.org

08/05/2005 11:04 AM

Tim Nelson <architect@webalive.biz>
cc
cfengine <help-cfengine@gnu.org>
Subject
Re: v2.1.13 not sending out e-mail, now at v2.1.15

I've gotten it working.  Mark suggested upgrading to 2.1.15, no help
there. :)  So then I recompiled on a Solaris 9 machine and it worked
fine.  The Solaris 7 compile I was trying to use never even tried to do
a DNS lookup from cfexecd, but worked fine in cfagent.  Strange, but...

--
David Cress
Lead Engineer