Re: quoting and parentheses in ExecResult?

From: Steve Wray
Subject: Re: quoting and parentheses in ExecResult?
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 08:04:55 +1200

Eric Sorenson wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Aug 2005, Steve Wray wrote:
>

>>For reference, the original, commandline looks like this:
>>/bin/echo baz|sed -e "s/^\(.*\)$/&.conf/g"
>>
>>My question, then, is how (apart from using an actual script in a file)
>>does one quote and escape such an expression to fit it into ExecResult?
>

> To short-circuit cfengine trying to expand this, instead of trying
> a literal $ you can use the $(dollar) construct.

hah, no, I tried that and interestingly -- very interestingly -- had
*exactly* the same output as when using a bare dollar sign.

Well, when I say *exactly* I mean:

<$(dollar)/&.conf/g\"")>

:)

Oh and Mark, this is with the version I d/l'd last night (the hourly
image, I see it as "2.1.16a")

--
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing
it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx