RE: cfengine doesn't send mail

From: Martin, Jason H
Subject: RE: cfengine doesn't send mail
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 08:28:58 -0700

Do you have any 'groups' statements that would cause any sort of output
to stdout? I've seen cases where the following seems to confuse the mail
system:

groups:
Somegroup = ( ReturnsZero(/usr/bin/grep foobar /some/file) )

The better way is:
Somegroup = ( ReturnsZero(/usr/bin/grep foobar /some/file >/dev/null
2>&1) )

I'm guessing that the 'early' output is confusing the smtp client; I
haven't debugged it to the code level yet.

-Jason Martin