Re: change control via CVS tags

From: Jeremy Mates
Subject: Re: change control via CVS tags
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 12:06:26 -0700

* Martin, Jason H <jason.h.martin@cingular.com>
> The problem is that root on the CFE master server could bypass all of
> that. I'm confident that there are very straightforward ways to stop
> non-CFE-master-root users from wreaking havoc, but then there is the
> 'root' problem.

Do not grant the usual carte blanche root access (nor sudo shell/edit
access), and keep the root password for the critical build/install
servers in the control of a 3rd party group without admin access.
Probably requires other procedures and planning to work right...

> I'm thinking that a two-server system under different administrative
> domains such that the servers have to agree on the rules and
> repository before changes are applied sounds about right.

Hopefully the systems will be quick to debug/setup, especially if the
other group is slow/on vacation when something bad happens to the
other server!