[address@hidden: Re: cfengine:: put failed]

From: Russell Van Tassell
Subject: [address@hidden: Re: cfengine:: put failed]
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:21:49 -0700

----- Forwarded message from Russell Van Tassell <russell@loosenut.com> -----

Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:12:15 -0700
From: Russell Van Tassell <russell@loosenut.com>
To: Mark Burgess <Mark.Burgess@iu.hio.no>
Cc: christian pearce <pearcec@perfectorder.com>,
        "help-cfengine@gnu.org" <help-cfengine@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: cfengine:: put failed

On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 04:38:31PM +0200, Mark Burgess wrote:
> Probably an error in db versioning. I have seen it a couple of time a
> long time ago. My impression is that some red hat libs are a bit out of
> date?? It's hard to say what the reason is,  but it seems to be an
> internal bug in db

Just a note: I just hit this on Solaris 9 with CFEngine 2.1.15 linked
against Berkeley DB 3.3.11 (w/DB 1.8.5 compatibility turned on, IIRC).
Removing cfengine_lock_db allowed the client to start working again.

--
Russell M. Van Tassell
russell@loosenut.com

"When my sister and I were growing up, there was never any doubt in our
 minds that men and women were equal- if not more so."        -- Al Gore

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Russell M. Van Tassell
russell@loosenut.com

I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was six.  Mother took me to
see him in a department store and he asked for my autograph.
                -- Shirley Temple