Re: Deleting lines in a file from configuration files with editfiles

From: Armin Wolfermann
Subject: Re: Deleting lines in a file from configuration files with editfiles
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 18:06:41 +0100

* Berthold Cogel <cogel@rrz.uni-koeln.de> [15.12.2005 15:52]:
> I want to edit root's authorized_keys file. I want to distribute ssh
> public keys with cfengine. It is not a problem to collect the keys and
> append them to authorized_keys. But I would also like to revoke keys by
> distributing them in a single file.

This is from my ssh.cf file (keys shortened):

control:

        actionsequence = ( editfiles )

editfiles:

        any::
                { /root/.ssh/authorized_keys
                AutoCreate
                Backup "off"

                DeleteLinesStarting "ssh-dss AAAAB3Nza...
                DeleteLinesStarting "ssh-rsa AAAAB3Nza...
                DeleteLinesStarting "1024 35 1222975....

                AppendIfNoSuchLine "ssh-rsa AAAAB3Nza...
                AppendIfNoSuchLine "ssh-rsa AAAAB3Nza...
                AppendIfNoSuchLine "ssh-rsa AAAAB3Nza...
                }

Revoked keys and authorized keys are distributed in a single file - your
cfengine configuration.

Regards,
Armin Wolfermann