Re: Developer's Pre-Release Website

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Developer's Pre-Release Website
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 16:20:40 +0100

At 08:25 -0500 2002/02/01, W. L. Estes wrote:
>> GNU has now automated daily CVS snapshots, which includes for example
>> Bison. -- Perhaps you might use that for Flex, too. (Akim would know the
>> details, I figure.)
>
>I've talked about this with him and probably need to follow up a bit
>more. I have some reservations about putting the cvs where I can't get
>at it, but that might be 'cause my cvs skills are still only at the
>intermediate level, not the level-100-+ level that cvs seems to want
>at those times when it's really helpful to do something out of the
>ordinary.

I think it might have been Jeff Bailey (cc'ed above) who made this setup
for GNU. Perhaps GNU's Subversions Team is willing to lend you their script
for use on your computer. Then at least Flex's versions become publicly
available. It should be possible to make the daily automated version to end
up on GNU's computer, while you keeping your Flex CVS stuff on your
computer (at least if it is a networked UNIX computer).

  Hans Aberg