Re: Developer's Pre-Release Website

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: Re: Developer's Pre-Release Website
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 08:02:58 -0800

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 04:20:40PM +0100, Hans Aberg wrote:

> >> GNU has now automated daily CVS snapshots, which includes for
> >> example Bison. -- Perhaps you might use that for Flex, too. (Akim
> >> would know the details, I figure.)

> >I've talked about this with him and probably need to follow up a
> >bit more. I have some reservations about putting the cvs where I
> >can't get at it, but that might be 'cause my cvs skills are still
> >only at the intermediate level, not the level-100-+ level that cvs
> >seems to want at those times when it's really helpful to do
> >something out of the ordinary.

> I think it might have been Jeff Bailey (cc'ed above) who made this
> setup for GNU. Perhaps GNU's Subversions Team is willing to lend you
> their script for use on your computer. Then at least Flex's versions
> become publicly available. It should be possible to make the daily
> automated version to end up on GNU's computer, while you keeping
> your Flex CVS stuff on your computer (at least if it is a networked
> UNIX computer).

It's not clear what you're looking for.  If you have a CVS repository
on your machine, and are willing to make it available for rsync,
subversions can be setup to do that.  You retail master control of the
archive, and it's mirrored.

The nightly snapshot script is just an anoncvs checkout, that has `cvs
update; tar -czvf' run on it everyday.

--
I want to go live with the guy who came up with the phrase "Free like
beer"